3.09.2011

Raw Apple Pie

Last night at our group dinner I made this pie that I use to make a lot back at home. It is so easy & always such a hit! In the crust we used fresh coconut meat instead of shredded which created an extra moist crust-a superb switch from the normal.

Crust:
1 cup coconut (shredded or fresh)
1 cup pecan
1 cup dates
1-2 TBS almond butter
1-2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in food processor until well combined and pecans are chopped small & fine. Form into a crust in a pie dish. Set in refrigerator or freezer while processing filling.

Filling:
Mix 2 1/2 (or 3) apples, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup of dates 1-2 TBS honey or agave in blender until smooth & has an applesauce consistency. Remove and put in pie dish. In food processor add 2 more apples and grind until chunky. Add smaller apple bits into pie and mix all filling until consistent.

1 comment:

  1. I will try this!! I'll keep you updated on my "experiment"..

    ReplyDelete