3.23.2011

Madness!

A big thanks to Ryan Burk for sharing this article on laws being proposed in both Florida and Iowa regarding documentation of farming practices. Please read and hopefully you too will agree how ridiculous this is! It is amazing how far conventional farmers go to have their practices and conditions covered up... more appalling is that it is BACKED UP by our government! If there wasn't anything wrong with what they were doing, there'd be no need for such desperate means of protection like this. Please remind me why I live in a country with a government that supports animal abuse, factory farms, and the destruction of the environment? I question this every single day. It's absurd. There is hope... I feel it.... somewhere out there. I'm grateful I will be studying food policy in my graduate program- I strive to be part of the solution in moving this country and world in a positive direction. And be able to deny deny deny laws like this that are proposed in the future. When I have a farm I hope people take pictures & record the sounds- that is how much LOVE I'll be giving my animals and plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment