5.24.2011

Oh-So-Soft Skin

With as many nasty carcinogenic chemicals and additives present in personal care products on the market these days-I've cut out use of many products or switched to a natural brand. I stick to as natural as possible while keeping it kosher. Even with the most natural product on the market, ideally I only want to use homemade so that I have complete control of what is going into itThis week I made a new batch of sugar scrub for the shower. I was WAY overdue for whipping up a new scrub- if I remember correctly I ran out back in late March! Homemade scrubs and bath salts are so quick and easy if you have a food processor! (& they smell soooo good!!)

The basic ingredients for the sugar scrub are:

*Coconut or sesame oil *I use coconut as it smells amazing but sesame is best for a neutral oil
*Raw cane sugar
*Essential oil of your choice

Optional ingredients I highly encourage to add:
*raw cacao powder
*fresh fruit
::::For example::::
sugar
coconut oil
lavender essential
cacao
~OR~
sugar
sesame oil
tangerine essential
one passionfruit

What I mixed up this week:
~1/4 cup melted coconut oil
~1 1/2 cups cane sugar
~15-20 drops tangerine essential oil
~1/8-1/4 c cacao powder
**Note that I estimate all amounts. I eyeball everything & never use a formal measuring device. I just add bit by bit of what I think needs to be added until I have made a heavenly scent & texture.
Combine all ingredients in your food processor and grind away until you have a smooth, uniform consistency. Should look like this:
I transfer to an airtight jar that keeps the air and water out.

Next on my list to try are strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, & mango. Stay tuned!

1 comment: