5.01.2011

Chocolate Creations

My friend Heather and I decided to try and replicate raw & fine chocolates cacao & coconut chunky bonbon a couple weeks ago. We figured we could just throw some ingredients in a double broiler and see what turned out. Our first batch we put way too much cacao powder in and no sweetener... and cooked a few seconds too long. What we got was a very bitter and flavorless fudge like consistency. Quite unpalatable. To save the chocolate we just rolled it around some dates... edible but not great.

The next batch we melted roughly 1/2 cup of coconut oil on low. Once the oil completely melted we kept adding cacao powder until we felt it reached a decent fudge texture. We then added 1/4 cup coconut nectar, a touch of sea salt, and some stevia. Careful not to let it burn this time, we poured it into a pyrex dish and let it cool in the freezer for a few minutes. I wish I had pictures to share but I ate it all :) whooops. This one was really, really good.

Today I tried two more batches. I followed a recipe I found online for bark and also tried to replicate what Heather and I did. I ended up trying them later on this evening and... gross! It was really bad. And it must be really bad for me not to eat it. Tomorrow I'm going to have to throw it all back in the double boiler and add some stevia and coconut nectar. I'll be sure to share the recipe that actually tastes good accompanied with photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment